Translation of lucky in Italian:
- 1 (fortunate) to be lucky to do, to beessere fortunato a fare, a essereyou're lucky to be able to dosei fortunato a potere fareto be lucky to be alive you'll be lucky to get a taxiti andrà bene se riuscirai a trovare un taxiit was lucky for me that you cameper mia fortuna sei arrivatoit was lucky for me that I went I'm lucky that I've been able to dosono stato fortunato a poter fareto be lucky enough to do those who are lucky enough to have a jobquelli che hanno la fortuna di avere un lavoroto be lucky at the racesavere fortuna alle corseI'm not a lucky personnon sono particolarmente fortunatolucky youbeato te!you lucky dog o devil! [informal]che culo (che hai)!I, you etc. should be so lucky (British English) [informal] [ironic] you should think o count yourself lucky that I didn't doringrazia il cielo che non ho fattoI had a lucky escapel'ho scampata bella
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com