Translation of manage in Italian:
- 1 (succeed)to manage to doriuscire a fare o farcela a fareshe managed to find a job, finish the articleè riuscita a trovare lavoro, a finire l'articolohow does he manage to save so much money?come fa a risparmiare così tanti soldi?how did she manage to spend so much money?come ha fatto a spendere tutti quei soldi?he managed to offend everybody [ironic]è riuscito a offendere tuttiI managed not to dirty my handssono riuscito a non sporcarmi le mani
- 2 (find possible)she managed a smileè riuscita a fare un sorrisoI can manage a few words in Italianriesco a dire qualche parola di italianocan you manage seven o'clock tomorrow?ce la fai domani alle sette?can you manage lunch on Friday?sei libero per pranzo venerdì?I have so much work I couldn't manage another thing!ho così tanto lavoro che non ce la faccio a fare altro!I'm sure you can manage another glass of winesono sicuro che ce la fai a bere un altro bicchiere di vinoI can't manage more than £30non posso spendere più di 30 sterline
- 4 (organize)gestire (money, time)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com