Translation of manner in Italian:
- 1 (way, method) in this mannerin questo modo o in questa maniera o cosìin like manner o in the same mannerallo stesso modothe manner in which they were treated to do something in such a manner that …fare qualcosa in modo tale che …the manner of his going [literary] o, of his deathil modo in cui è mortoin a manner of speakingper così dire o per modo di dire
- 2 (way of behaving) don't be put off by her mannernon lasciarti spaventare dal suo modo di fare o dal suo comportamentosomething in his manner disturbed herqualcosa nel suo comportamento le dava fastidioshe has a bad manner to have a good telephone manneravere una buona attitudine per le comunicazioni telefoniche
also: manners plural noun
- 1 (social behaviour)maniere (feminine) , modi (masculine)to have good, bad mannersavere buone, cattive maniereit's bad manners to do he has no manners(child)to have the manners to do aren't you forgetting your manners? where are your manners?
non riesce a stare fermochi ti ha insegnato l'educazione? che modi sono questi?I'll teach him some manners! road mannerscomportamento educato al volante
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com