Translation of means in Italian:
noun pl. means
- (way) by illegal meanscon metodi illegaliready to use whatever means they can to…pronti a utilizzare qualunque mezzo a loro disposizione per…a means ofun mezzo di (communication, transport, storage)a means of doingun modo di farethere was no means of knowingnon c'era modo di sapereby means of somethingper mezzo di qualcosayes, by all means if you wish to leave, then by all means dose desideri partire, allora vai pureit is by no means certain, complete, it is not certain, complete by any meansnon è per niente sicuro, completo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com