Translation of member in Italian:
- 1 (of group, committee, jury, family, organization) to be a member ofessere (un) membro o componente di, appartenere a (family, group, committee)essere socio di (club)active member committee member member of staff(in school)member of the audience (listening) (watching) member of the armed forces member of the opposite sex
insegnantepersona dell'altro sesso“members only” member of the public (in the street) (in theatre, cinema) members of the public were warnedla popolazione fu avvertitaan ordinary member of the public like any other member of the publiccome tutti gli altribefore n (nation, state)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com