See parent entry: → mess
Translation of mess up in Italian:
- 2 mess [something] up, mess up [something] 2.1(muddle up) scompaginare, scombinare (papers)(get untidy) mettere in disordine, mettere sottosopra (kitchen)(dirty) sporcare, macchiare (napkin, sheets)2.2 (do badly)fare male (exam, work)2.3 (ruin)mandare a rotoli, mandare all'ariayou've messed things up for everybodyhai rovinato i progetti di tuttiI've messed up my chances of promotionmi sono giocato le mie possibilità di promozione
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com