Translation of mile in Italian:
- 1 (unit of distance) it's 50 miles awayè a 50 miglia da quia 10 mile journeyun tragitto di 10 migliashe lives 10 miles from meabita a 10 miglia da mehalf a mile 60 miles per hour60 miglia all'orato do over 50 miles to the gallonfare più di 50 miglia al gallone
- 2 [figurative]to walk for milescamminare per migliato stretch for milesestendersi per migliait's miles away!è lontanissimo!miles from anywherea casa del diavolo o in capo al mondonot a million miles from here, from the truthnon lontanissimo da qui, dalla veritàto see, recognize something a mile off you could smell it a mile off to stand out a mile, stick out a milesaltare subito agli occhi, vedersi lontano un miglioI'd run a mileme la darei a gambe levateto be miles away (daydreaming)
also: miles plural noun
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com