Translation of misery in Italian:
- 1(distress) sofferenza (feminine)(gloom) infelicità (feminine)to lead o live a life of miseryfare una vita gramahuman misery to make somebody's life a miseryrendere la vita impossibile a qualcunoto put somebody out of their misery [euphemistic]porre fine alle sofferenze di qualcunoto put an animal out of its misery [euphemistic]dare il colpo di grazia a un animaletell her the answer, put her out of her misery!dalle la risposta, non tenerla sulle spine!the look of misery on his facela sua aria afflitta
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com