Translation of mistaken in Italian:
- 1to be mistakensbagliarsiI'm afraid you are mistakentemo che tu ti stia sbagliandohe was mistaken in thinking it was overaveva sbagliato a pensare che fosse tutto finitounless I'm very much mistaken to do something in the mistaken belief that …fare qualcosa credendo erroneamente che …it's a case of mistaken identityè un caso di errore di persona
- 2(enthusiasm, generosity)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com