Translation of movement in Italian:
- 1(of person, dancer, wave, vehicle, machine part) movimento (masculine)an upward, downward movementun movimento verso l'alto, verso il bassoa graceful, sudden movement (of arm)un movimento aggraziato, bruscoto watch somebody's movementssorvegliare le mosse di qualcuno
- 2 [figurative] (in prices, market, situation) very little movement on the stock exchange, the political frontpoco movimento in borsa, poche novità sul fronte politicoan upward, downward movement in pricesun aumento, una diminuzione dei prezzia movement towards liberalizationun passo verso la liberalizzazionea movement away from marriageuna tendenza a non sposarsi
- 5 (transporting)trasporto (masculine) (of di) (by con)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com