Translation of nature in Italian:
- 1 (the natural world) in nature the laws, wonders of naturele leggi, le meraviglie della naturait's nature's way of doing somethingè il modo in cui la natura fa qualcosalet nature take its course contrary to nature o against nature nature versus nurturenatura contro culturato obey a call of nature [euphemistic] to go back to o return to natureritornare alla naturastate of nature (Philosophy) to paint from nature one of nature's gentlemenun gentiluomo nato
- 2 (character, temperament) by natureper o di naturait's not in her nature to be aggressive he has a very loving natureè molto affettuoso di carattereit is in the nature of animals to kill
- 3 (kind, sort) what is the nature of the problem? nothing of that nature ever happened herenon è mai successo niente del genere quimatters of a personal, medical nature of a serious naturedi natura seriaher letter was something in the nature of a confession “nature of contents”“descrizione del contenuto”
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com