Translation of necessary in Italian:
- 2 (essential)(action)a necessary evilto become necessaryun male inevitabileto find it necessary to dodiventare necessarioit is necessary for him to dopensare che sia necessario fareit is necessary that she should dooccorre che lui facciato do what is necessaryoccorre proprio che facciato do everything (that is) necessaryfare ciò che è necessariowhen necessary don't spend more time than is necessaryfare tutto ciò che è necessariocircumstances make it necessary for me to donon metterci più del necessariole circostanze rendono necessario che io faccia
- 1 [informal] (money)have you got the necessary?denaro (masculine) necessario, soldi (masculine plural)ce li hai i soldi?
also: necessaries plural noun
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Grammar and usage help for Italian:
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com