Translation of negative in Italian:
- 1 (saying no)(answer, decision, statement)
- 3 (pessimistic)(attitude, response, approach)to be negative about something
negativoessere pessimista su qualcosadon't be so negative!non essere così pessimista!
- 5 (unpleasant)(association, experience, feeling)
- 7 (Administration, Mathematics)(amount, answer, number)
- 1 (refusal)risposta (feminine) negativa, diniego (masculine) , rifiuto (masculine)to answer o reply in the negativerispondere negativamente o di no
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com