Translation of nervous in Italian:
- 1(person) (fearful) teso(anxious) ansioso, agitato(highly strung) nervoso(smile, laugh, habit)to be nervous of (British English) o around (American English)
nervosoavere paura di (strangers, animals etc.)to be nervous of (British English) o about (American English)essere preoccupato per (change, disagreement)to be nervous about doingavere paura di fareto feel nervous(apprehensive) essere preoccupato(before performance) avere un attacco di panico(afraid) avere paura(ill at ease) sentirsi a disagioI feel nervous in crowds she makes me feel nervous(intimidates me) mi fa sentire a disagio(puts my nerves on edge) mi fa venire i nerviall this talk of war makes me nervous “not suitable for persons of a nervous disposition”
- 3 (Economics)(market)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com