Translation of nice in Italian:
- 1 (enjoyable, pleasant)(drive, holiday)it would be nice to do
bello, piacevolesarebbe carino fareit would be nice for him to dosarebbe bello per lui fareit's not very nice doingnon è molto piacevole faredid you have a nice time?ti sei divertito?nice weather isn't it? a nice cool drinkuna bella bibita freddait's nice and sunnyfa proprio belloto have a nice long chatfare una lunga e piacevole chiacchieratanice work if you can get it! [humorous]non sarebbe mica male come lavoro!nice to have met youpiacere di averla conosciutanice to see youfelice di rivedertihow nice! have a nice day!
- 4 (kind) to be nice toessere gentile conit was nice of her to do how nice of you to comesei stato molto gentile a venirehe's a really nice guy [informal]è veramente un tipo simpaticowhat a nice man!che uomo simpatico!he says really nice things about youparla molto bene di te
- 6 (used ironically)nice friends you've got!begli amici (che) hai!a nice mess you've got us into!ci hai messo in un bel pasticcio!that's a nice way to talk to your father!bel modo di parlare a tuo padre!this is a nice state of affairs!
- 7 [formal] (subtle)(distinction)
- 8 [formal] (pleasing to the mind)(coincidence, contrast)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com