Translation of night in Italian:
- 1(period of darkness) notte (feminine)(before going to bed) sera (feminine)during the nightdurante la nottein the middle of the nightnel bel mezzo della notteto travel, hunt by night at night all night long night and day Moscow by nightMosca di notteto work nights to be on nightsfare la notteeight o'clock at nightle otto di seralate at night late into the night he arrived last nightè arrivato ieri seraI slept badly last nightho dormito male questa nottehe arrived the night before lastè arrivato l'altra seraI slept badly the night before lastho dormito male l'altra notteshe had arrived the night beforeera arrivata la sera primaon the night of October 6 on Tuesday nightsil martedì serait rained on Tuesday nightha piovuto martedì serato sit up all night with somebodyrimanere in piedi tutta la notte con qualcunoto sit up all night readingstare sveglio tutta la notte a leggereto spend o stay the night with somebodytrascorrere la notte con qualcunoto have a good, bad nightdormire bene, maleto have a comfortable, restless night to have a late nightandare a letto tardito get an early nightandare a letto prestoto stay out all night
- 2(evening) sera (feminine)(evening as a whole) serata (feminine)it's his night out to take a night offprendersi una seratait's my night offè la mia sera liberaa night to remember a night at the operauna serata all'operathe play will run for three nights (Theatre)ci saranno tre rappresentazioni serali dello spettacoloto make a night of it [informal]trascorrere una serata a fare baldoria o festeggiare
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com