Translation of note in Italian:
- 1 (written record) to make a note into make a note ofprendere nota su(diary, notebook)to take note ofannotarsi, segnarsi(date, address)take note!prendere nota di[figurative]to take notesprendete nota!(student, secretary)to speak without notesaccording to police notesparlare senza appunti o a bracciostando alla polizia
- 5 (Music) (sound, symbol) to play o hit a wrong notea high, low notefare una nota sbagliatathe black notes (on keyboard)una nota acuta, gravei tasti neri
- 6 (tone) (in voice) a note of panicthe engine took on a different noteuna nota di panicoil rumore del motore è cambiato
- 1 (observe)(change, increase, similarity, absence)to note that …it is interesting to note that … the report noted that … noting the improvements, the minister said…notare che …as I noted last week…dopo avere notato i miglioramenti, il ministro disse…come ho notato la settimana scorsa…
- 2 (pay attention to)(comment, remarks, complaint, concern)it should be noted that …note that she didn't mention him!bisogna notare che …aspiring managers, please note!nota che non lo ha menzionato!aspiranti direttori, prendete esempio!
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Grammar and usage help for Italian:
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com