Translation of occasion in Italian:
- 1 (particular time) on that occasionin quella occasione o quella voltaon one occasionin una occasione o una voltaon several occasionsin diverse occasioni o diverse volteon a previous occasionin una precedente occasione o in precedenzaon rare occasionsin rare occasioni o rare volteon occasionall'occasioneon the occasion of when the occasion demands itquando il caso lo richiedeto rise to the occasion
- 3 (event, function) a big occasionuna grande occasione o un grande avvenimentoon special occasionsnelle occasioni speciali o nelle grandi occasionifor the occasion the wedding was quite an occasion ceremonial occasion state occasion
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com