- 1 (proposition)offerta (feminine) (also Economics) (to do di fare)an offer of help, workun'offerta di aiuto, di lavoroto make somebody an offerfare un'offerta a qualcunoan offer of marriageuna proposta di matrimonioan offer of £10 per shareun'offerta di 10 sterline per azioneoffers over, around 40,000 dollarsofferte superiori, intorno ai 40.000 dollarithat's my final o best offerè la mia ultima offertato be open to offersessere disposto a prendere in considerazione offerteto put in o make an offer on a housefare un'offerta per una casathe house is under offerla casa ha ricevuto un'offerta di acquistoor near(est) offer (in property ad) offers in the region of £80,00080.000 sterline trattabili
- 1 (proffer)offrire, dare (advice, explanation, friendship, cigarette, help, job, reward, suggestion, support)dare (opinion, information)offrire, proporre (service)to offer somebody something, to offer something to somebodyoffrire qualcosa a qualcunoto offer to dooffrirsi di fare“I'll do it,” she offered“lo farò io,” proposeshe has a lot to offer the companyha molto da offrire alla societàhe had little to offer in the way of news, evidenceaveva ben poche informazioni, prove da fornire
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com