Translation of payment in Italian:
- (in settlement) saldo (masculine)(into account, of instalments) versamento (masculine)[figurative](for kindness, help) ricompensa (feminine) [ironic]to make a paymenteffettuare un pagamentocash payment (not credit, not cheque) in payment for the books receivedcome o a pagamento dei libri ricevutiin payment for what I owecome rimborso per quello che devopayment in full is now requested in monthly payments of £30in rate mensili di 30 sterlinepayment on (instalment)pagamento per, rata di (television, washing machine etc.)on payment of £30contro o dietro pagamento di 30 sterlineSocial Security paymentscontributi previdenzialiin payment for your kindnessin cambio della vostra gentilezza o come ricompensa per la vostra gentilezza
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com