Translation of people in Italian:
- 1(in general)(specified or counted)disabled, old peoplepersone (feminine)they're nice peoplegli invalidi, gli anzianihow many people are there?è gente simpaticathere were several, a few, 500 peoplequante persone ci sono?there was a roomful of peoplec'erano parecchie, alcune, 500 personethere were a lot of peoplela stanza era piena di gentea lot of, most people think that …c'era molta gentesome people here think that …molta gente, la maggior parte della gente pensa che …people say that …alcuni qui pensano che …what will people say?la gente dice o si dice che …other people say that …che cosa dirà la gente?other people's propertyaltri dicono che …he likes helping peoplela proprietà altruiyou shouldn't do that in front of peopleama aiutare il prossimo o gli altripeople at large, people in generalnon dovresti farlo davanti alla gente o in pubblicowhat do you people want?la gente in generaleyou of all people!che cosa volete?you of all people should know that…proprio tu!I met Jack of all people at the party!proprio tu dovresti sapere che… o tu in particolare dovresti sapere che…fra tutti alla festa ho incontrato proprio Jack!
- 4 [informal] (experts) See examples:the tax peoplethe heating peoplegli agenti delle tassegli operai del riscaldamento, quelli del riscaldamento
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com