Translation of permanent in Italian:
stabile, fisso(disability, exhibition, premises)
a tempo indeterminato(staff)permanent address
assunto a tempo indeterminato, in pianta stabileresidenza stabilepermanent damage(to property) danni permanenti(to health, part of body) infermità permanenteto be in a permanent state of depressionessere in un continuo stato di depressionethe mortgage payments are a permanent drain on our resourcesle rate del mutuo gravano costantemente sulle nostre finanzeI'm not permanent in this job (British English)non sono assunto a tempo indeterminato
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com