Translation of persuasion in Italian:
- 1 uncountable (persuading, persuasiveness) they had to use all their powers of persuasion to get her to agreehanno dovuto usare tutta la loro forza di persuasione per convincerla ad accettareno amount of persuasion will make her change her mindnon servirà a nulla tentare di convincerla, non cambierà ideato be open to persuasionessere disposto a lasciarsi convincere
- 3 (political view) people of very different political persuasionspersone dalle idee politiche molto diversethat depends on your persuasionquesto dipende dalle vostre convinzioni
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com