Translation of pester in Italian:
- 1 (annoy)importunare (person, people) (with con) (for per)(fly)to pester somebody to be allowed to do
infastidire (horse, cow, person)assillare qualcuno per ottenere il permesso di farethe children pestered us to let them stay up latei bambini ci hanno tormentato perché non volevano andare a letto prestoto be pestered over the telephoneessere disturbati al telefonostop pestering me!lasciami in pace!to pester the life out of somebody [informal]rompere le scatole a qualcuno
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com