Translation of plain in Italian:
- 5 (obvious) it was plain to everyone that he was lyingit's a plain fact that …tutti avevano capito che stava mentendoit is plain from this report that … she's jealous, it's plain to seeè chiaro che …her suffering was plain to seeè gelosa, è evidenteto make it plain to somebody that …si vedeva chiaramente che soffrivalet me make myself quite plain, I'm not goingfare capire chiaramente a qualcuno che …do I make myself plain?voglio essere chiaro, non ci vadoshe made her irritation quite plainsono stato chiaro?
- 8 (ordinary) See examples:I knew him when he was plain Mr Spencerlo conoscevo quando era semplicemente il signor Spencer
- 9 (unflavoured)(yoghurt)(crisps)non aromatizzato(rice)in bianco(hamburger)= senza salse, cipolla ecc.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com