- compiaciuto, contento, soddisfatto (that che) (about, with di) (at a) (for somebody per qualcuno)to look o seem pleasedsembrare contentoto be, look pleased with oneself I was pleased to see her I'm none too pleasednon sono molto soddisfattoI am only too pleased to helpmi fa molto piacere poter aiutareI am pleased to announce that …ho il piacere di annunciare che …I am pleased to inform you that …ho il piacere di informarla che …I'm pleased to hear it!mi fa piacere sentirlo! che bella notizia!pleased to meet youpiacere o molto lietoI'm pleased to say that we wonho il piacere di annunciare che abbiamo vintoyou've passed, I'm pleased to saysono lieto di annunciarle che ha superato l'esameshe is pleased to accept the invitation [formal]è lieta di accettare l'invito
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com