Translation of pretence in Italian:
- 1 (false show) to make a pretence of somethingfingere qualcosato make a pretence of doingfare finta di fareto make no pretence of somethingnon fare mistero di qualcosaon o under the pretence of doingcon il pretesto di fareunder the pretence that …con la scusa che …to keep up, abandon the pretence of doingcontinuare a, smettere di fare finta di farehe spoke with no pretence at o of politenessparlò senza fare finta di essere educato
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com