Translation of profit in Italian:
- 1 (Business) gross, net profit profit and lossprofitti e perditeto make o turn a profitricavare un profitto (on da)the banks make handsome profitsle banche fanno dei bei guadagnithey're only interested in making quick profits to sell something at a profitvendere qualcosa con profittothey sold the house at a profit of £6,000hanno guadagnato 6.000 sterline vendendo la casato operate at a profitlavorare in utileto bring in o yield a profit there isn't much profit in that line of business nowadaysoggigiorno quella linea di mercato non è molto proficuawith profits insurance policypolizza di assicurazione con partecipazioni agli utili
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com