Translation of properly in Italian:
- 1 (correctly) I like to do things properlymi piace fare le cose per beneto do one's job properlyfare bene il proprio lavoroyou acted very properly in reporting the theftavete agito molto bene denunciando il furtoproperly speakinga dire il vero o per l'esattezzawalk, behave properly! (to child)cammina, comportati come si deve!
- 2 (fully)(completed)
bene(shut, open)read the letter properly
completamenteleggi la lettera come si deveyou're not properly dressednon sei abbastanza vestito o copertoproperly prepared for the interviewben preparato per il colloquioI didn't have time to thank you properly
- 3 (adequately)(eat, rest, plan)
a sufficienza(insured, ventilated)
- 4 (suitably)(dressed)he was properly apologetic, grateful
decorosamenteha porto le scuse dovute, ha dimostrato la dovuta riconoscenza
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com