- 1 (blow) to give somebody a punchdare un pugno a qualcunoshe gave him a punch on the nose, on the chingli diede un pugno sul naso, sul mentoto hit somebody in the face with a punchcolpire in faccia qualcuno con un pugno
- 1 (hit)to punch somebody in the facedare un pugno in faccia a qualcuno o colpire qualcuno in faccia con un pugnoto punch somebody on the nose, on the chindare un pugno sul naso, sul mento a qualcunoto punch somebody harddare un gran pugno o forti pugni qualcunohe was punched and kickedfu preso a pugni e a calci
- 2 (Computing, Telecommunications)schiacciare, premere (key)
- 1 (Computing, Radio)perforare (cards, tape)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com