Translation of recognition in Italian:
- 1 (identification) to avoid recognitionper evitare di essere riconosciutoto change, to improve out of all o beyond recognition they've changed the town beyond recognition
- 2 (realization)consapevolezza (feminine) (of di)there is a growing recognition that …c'è una crescente consapevolezza che …
- 3 (acknowledgement)riconoscimento (masculine) (Politics)to gain international recognitionottenere riconoscimento internazionalehe never got the recognition he deservednon ha mai ottenuto l'apprezzamento che meritavaunion recognitionriconoscimento ufficiale dei sindacatito give state recognition to somethingriconoscere qualcosa ufficialmenteto receive o win recognition forottenere un riconoscimento per (talent, work, achievement, contribution)in recognition ofcome riconoscimento per o in riconoscimento di
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com