Translation of relief in Italian:
- 1 (from pain, distress, anxiety) (greatly) to my reliefcon mio (grande) sollievoit was a relief to them that … it was a relief to hear that, to see that …è stato un sollievo apprendere che, vedere che …to bring o give relief to somebodyarrecare o dare sollievo a qualcunoto seek relief from depression in drinkcercare sollievo contro la depressione nel berethat's a relief!è un sollievo! che sollievo!
- 4 (American English) (in welfare work)pubblica assistenza (feminine)to be on reliefpercepire un sussidio statale
- 8 (supplementary) before n(bus, train, service)
noun(Art, Architecture, Geography)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com