Translation of religion in Italian:
- what religion is he? the Christian, Muslim religionla religione cristiana, musulmanafreedom of religionlibertà di religione o di cultoit's against my religion to…è contro la mia religione…[ironic]è contro i miei principi…to make a religion of somethingfare una religione di qualcosaher work is her religionil lavoro è la sua religione o unica fedeto get religion[informal]
convertirsi o diventare religioso[pejorative]to lose one's religion
diventare bigotto o imbigottirsiperdere la fede
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com