Translation of remove in Italian:
- 1togliere (object) (from da)togliere, togliersi (clothes, shoes)togliere, fare andare via (stain)togliere, eliminare (passage, paragraph, word)togliere, abolire (tax, subsidy)(Medicine)togliere, asportare (tumour, breast, organ)I removed my hand from his shouldergli tolsi la mano dalla spallaover 30 bodies were removed from the rubble to remove a child from a schoolritirare un bambino da una scuolato remove goods from the market to remove industry from state control to remove somebody's name from a listeliminare il nome di qualcuno, depennare qualcuno da una listato be removed to hospital (British English)essere portato all'ospedaleto remove one's make-upstruccarsito remove unwanted hair from one's legsdepilarsi le gambe
- 2 (oust)licenziare (employee)to remove somebody from officerimuovere o destituire qualcuno dall'incaricoto remove somebody from powerdestituire qualcuno
- 4 [euphemistic] (kill)eliminare, liquidare (person)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com