Translation of request in Italian:
- 1 (comment)domanda (feminine) , richiesta (feminine) (for di) (to a)to make a request on requestsu richiestaat the request of at your requestsu vostra richiestaby popular request by special requestsu speciale richiestaI have received a request that I do, do not domi è stato richiesto di fare, di non farea request that we (should) be allowed to douna domanda di autorizzazione a fare“No flowers by request”= “Non fiori ma opere di bene”
- (ri)chiedere (information, help, money) (from a)to request somebody to dochiedere a qualcuno di fareto request somebody's helpchiedere l'aiuto di qualcunoto request that something be donerichiedere che sia fatto qualcosayou are kindly requested not to smokesiete pregati di non fumareas requested (in correspondence)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com