Translation of responsible in Italian:
- 1 (answerable)responsabile (for di)responsible for killing ten people, destroying the forestresponsabile della morte di dieci persone, della distruzione della forestaresponsible for producing the leaflets, looking after the childrenincaricato di fare i volantini, di badare ai bambinito be responsible to somebodyessere responsabile di fronte a qualcunoto hold somebody responsibleritenere qualcuno responsabile (for di)the person responsiblela persona responsabile o il responsabilethose responsiblei responsabiliI won't be responsible for my actions
- 2 (trustworthy)(person, organization, attitude)she is very responsible
responsabileè molto responsabile
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com