Translation of restore in Italian:
- 1 (return)restituire, rendere (property) (to a)
- 2 (bring back)rendere (faculty)ridare (confidence, good humour) (to a)restaurare, ristabilire (right, custom, tradition) (to a)ristabilire (peace, law, tax)(Politics)restaurare (monarch, regime)to restore one's healthristabilirsito restore somebody's sightrestituire la vista a qualcunoto be restored to healthristabilirsi o rimettersi in salutehis sight, health was restored to himha recuperato la vista, la saluteto restore somebody to liferiportare in vita qualcunoto restore law and orderristabilire l'ordineto restore somebody to powerriportare qualcuno al potereto restore sacked workers to their jobsreintegrare i lavoratori (che erano stati) licenziatiyou restore my faith in humanitytu mi ridai fiducia nell'umanità
- 4 (Computing)ripristinare (window)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com