Translation of secret in Italian:
- 1 (unknown thing) to tell somebody a secretrivelare un segreto a qualcunoto keep a secretmantenere un segretoto let somebody in on a secretmettere qualcuno a parte di un segretoI make no secret of my membership of the party it's an open secret that…è un segreto di Pulcinella che…there's no secret about who, when, how etc.non è un segreto chi, quando, come ecc.I have no secrets from my sisternon ho segreti per mia sorella
- 2 (key factor)segreto (masculine) (of di)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com