Translation of shortfall in Italian:
- (in budget, accounts) deficit (masculine)(in earnings, exports etc.) diminuzione (feminine)there is a shortfall of £10,000 in our budgetc'è un deficit o un buco di 10.000 sterline nel nostro budgetthere is a shortfall of several hundred in the expected number of applications to meet o make up the shortfall between cost and subsidycolmare la differenza, il deficit tra costo e sovvenzioni
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com