Translation of sleeve in Italian:
- 1 (of garment) to pull o tug at somebody's sleevetirare qualcuno per la manicato roll up one's sleevesrimboccarsi le maniche [figurative]
to laugh up one's sleeve
to wear one's heart on one's sleeve
to have an ace up one's sleeve
to have something up one's sleeve
- tenere qualcosa di riserva
to have a proposal up one's sleeve
- avere una proposta di riserva
to have a few tricks up one's sleeve
- avere ancora delle carte da giocare
what's he got up his sleeve?
- che cosa ci riserva?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com