Translation of sling in Italian:
transitive verb pass., p.pass. slung
- 2 (carry or hang loosely)sospendere (hammock, rope)to sling something over one's shoulder o across one's bodymettersi qualcosa a tracolla (bag, rifle)to sling something fromappendere qualcosa a (beam, branch, hook)to be slung over, across, round somethingessere buttato sopra, attraverso, attorno a qualcosa
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com