Translation of smuggle in Italian:
- mandare clandestinamente (message, food) (into in)trafficare in (arms, drugs)(to evade customs)to smuggle something in
contrabbandare (watches, cigarettes, alcohol)fare entrare qualcosa di contrabbandoto smuggle somebody into a countryfare entrare clandestinamente qualcuno in uno statoto smuggle somebody into Britain, into the clubfare entrare clandestinamente qualcuno in Gran Bretagna, nel clubto smuggle something, somebody out (of)fare uscire clandestinamente qualcosa, qualcuno (da)to smuggle something through o past customscontrabbandare qualcosa
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com