Translation of soon in Italian:
- 1 (in a short time) the book will be published soon soon there will be no snow leftdi qui a poco non ci sarà più neveI'll see you very soonci vediamo prestissimoit will soon be three years since we mettra poco faranno tre anni che ci conosciamosee you soon!a presto!
- 3 (early) we arrived too soon soon enough the sooner the better the sooner we leave, the sooner we'll get thereprima partiamo, prima arriveremoas soon as possible I spoke too soon!ho parlato troppo presto!as soon as you canappena puoias soon as he arrivesnon appena arriveràshe didn't arrive as soon as we had hopednon arrivò così presto come avevamo speratosooner or laterprima o poi o presto o tardiall too soon the summer was overl'estate passò in un balenotomorrow at the soonest and not a moment too soon!appena in tempo!
- 4 (not long)they left soon after usse ne sono andati poco dopo di noisoon after breakfastpoco dopo colazionesoon afterwardspoco (tempo) dopono sooner had I done something than…avevo appena fatto qualcosa che…
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com