Translation of speech in Italian:
- 1 (oration)discorso (masculine) , orazione (feminine) on (about su)(Theatre) farewell, opening speech in a speechall'interno di un discorsoto give, make, deliver a speech the Speech from the Throne (in GB) (Politics)il discorso della Corona
- 2(spoken form) lingua (feminine) parlatadirect, indirect speech (Linguistics) in speechnella lingua parlatato express oneself in speech rather than writingesprimersi verbalmente piuttosto che per iscrittothe power of speechl'uso della parola
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com