transitive verb pass., p.pass. spent
- 1 (pay out)spendere (salary)sborsare (money)to spend money on clothes, food, rentspendere denaro in vestiti, in cibo, per pagare l'affittohow much do you spend on food? to spend money on one's house, children, hobbiesspendere soldi per la propria casa, per i bambini, per gli hobbyto spend a fortune on books he didn't spend a penny on his son's education
- 2passare, trascorrere (time)I spent three weeks in Chinaho trascorso tre settimane in Cinathey will spend a day in Romepasseranno una giornata a Romahe spent the night with meha passato la notte con meI spent two hours on my essayho passato due ore a lavorare al mio temato spend hours, one's life doingpassare delle ore, la propria vita facendo o a fareI want to spend some time with my familyvoglio trascorrere un po' di tempo con la mia famiglia
intransitive verb pass., p.pass. spent
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com