Translation of star in Italian:
- 4 (award)(to hotel, restaurant) stella (feminine)(to pupil) punto (masculine) di merito
also: stars plural noun(Astrology)
- stelle (feminine)what do the stars foretell?
oroscopo (masculine)cosa dice l'oroscopo?it's written in the starslo dicono le stelle
transitive verb forma in -ing ecc. -rr-
- 1(film, play)the film stars Alan Bates and Maggie Smith as the uncle and aunt
avere [qualcuno] come protagonista (actor)il film ha come protagonisti Alan Bates nel ruolo dello zio e Maggie Smith in quello della ziaa comedy starring Lenny Henryuna commedia con Lenny Henry protagonista
- 2gener. passivo (mark with star)segnare [qualcosa] con un asteriscothe starred items, dishes are…gli articoli, i piatti segnati con l'asterisco sono…
intransitive verb forma in -ing ecc. -rr-
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com