Translation of strength in Italian:
- 1 (power)(of person, wind) forza (feminine) , energia (feminine)(of lens, magnet, voice) potenza (feminine)to summon up, save one's strength his strength failed him with all one's strengthcon tutte le proprie forzeto find, have the strength to do to have great strengthavere molta forza o essere molto forteto build up one's strengthpotenziare i propri muscoli(after illness) riprendere le proprie forze
- 9 (credibility)(of argument) forza (feminine) , incisività (feminine)(of case, claim) forza (feminine)to give o lend strength to(evidence)he was convicted on the strength of the evidence I got the job on the strength of my research, his recommendation
dare forza a o rafforzare (argument, theory)ho ottenuto il lavoro grazie alle mie ricerche, alla sua raccomandazione
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com