Translation of style in Italian:
- 1 (manner) a building in the neoclassical style built, decorated in the neoclassical style in the style of Van Gogh an opera in the Italian styleun'opera in stile italianohis paintings are very individual in stylei suoi quadri hanno uno stile molto personalea style of teaching, livingun stile d'insegnamento, di vitamy writing, driving styleil mio modo di scrivere, di guidarethat's the style!
- 3 (elegance) to have styleavere stile o classeto bring a touch of style todare un tocco di classe athe performance had great styleè stata una rappresentazione di gran classeto marry in style to live in stylevivere in grande stileto travel in styleviaggiare in grande stileto win in style she likes to do things in style
- 2 (cut)acconciare, tagliare (hair)her hair is styled by Pierresi fa pettinare da Pierre
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com