Translation of succession in Italian:
- 1 (sequence) (of attempts, events, people) in successiondi seguitofor five years in successionper cinque anni consecutiviin close o quick o swift succession three explosions in rapid successiontre esplosioni in rapida successionethe days followed each other in quick successioni giorni passavano in rapida successione
- 2(act, right of inheriting) successione (feminine) (to a)(line of descent) eredi (masculine plural)to be fifth in succession to the throneessere il quinto nella successione al trono
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com