Translation of sweat in Italian:
- 1 (perspiration) to be in a sweatessere (tutto) sudatoto be covered in sweatessere coperto di sudoreto be dripping o pouring with sweatessere madido, grondante di sudore, in un bagno di sudoreto break out into a sweatcominciare a sudareto work up a (good) sweat to be in a cold sweat about something [figurative]avere i sudori freddi o sudare freddo per qualcosabeads o drops of sweat night sweats (Medicine)sudori notturni
also: sweats plural noun(American English)
- 2 [informal] (interrogate)torchiare, fare il terzo grado a (suspect)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com